Followers

Thursday, 13 January 2011

My 1st Card From A Sketch

With all my time spent learning to blog I'm struggling to fit any card making into the day, I hope with practice I will spend more time on my cards than I do on my blog, unlike now!

This is the first time I have followed a sketch to make a card and who better to follow than the great Bev Rochester over at Wild Orchid Challenge. This lady is so talented I'm totally in awe of her work I've even taken to checking out her blog All The Things I Love
before I have my cup of tea in the morning!
I've learnt a few more lessons whilst making this card
 but the main one for me was 'thank goodness for Walnut Stain Distress Ink!' I wasn't happy with my colouring again but the distress ink bought everything together.

Laurie x 

I am entering this card in the Bevs Sketch  Wild Orchid Challenge and the Blues challenge over at Magnolia Stamp Lovers

Ingredients
Stamp: Tilda with Cat - Magnolia Pets Collection.
Sentiment - Stampin Up
Papers: Prima - Jack & Jill
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts & Magnolia
Martha Stewart Butterfly and Leaf Punch
Candy Dots: Pebbles Inc
Colouring: Copics. Lace from stash

8 comments:

Mina said...

stunning card Laurie, I love this stamp...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia and hAnglar challenge
Mina xxx

Jill said...

This was truly a beautiful card :)
I know the feeling of "lost in the world of blogging"..also a newbie :)
But it is really fun I think :)
Wishing you a nice day.
Hugs, Jill

Jacque said...

Laurie, this is just darling!!!And your coloring is very pretty of this darling image...you have showcased it beautifully!! Thanks for your visit to my blog...and Sweetie, I wish I could help you but I have no idea about that stamp...I don't even know her name. She was a special gift but if I can find out any information I will let you know...Hugs..Jacque

Sheri said...

I just adore your cards! The embellishments and the laying are so amazing!

Sheri said...

OH! and thank you for joining us at MSL! :)

Kim said...

WOW this is absolutely stunning! What a beauty! Love what you have done with Bev's sketch and all of your gorgeous embellishments! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Kathy said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors that you have used and your take on the sketch is fabulous! You would never know this was your first time! Thanks so much for joining and hope to see you again!
:)Kathy

CraftyLoops said...

I love the colours in this card and the image is very cute. The wee cat looks so cuddly. Lee xx