Followers

Wednesday, 19 January 2011

Oh Baby & Black & White

Hello all, thank you for visiting my blog, again many thanks for the comments and followers, it really cheers you when someone visits and leaves a trace.
My daughter has just text us to say she arrived in Australia OK so I guess my worries are just beginning! I won't sleep till properly till she gets back in July!
I am going away for a couple of days so I wanted to get 2 cards made today, felt that I was rushing them both so don't think I will do this again, also I had to take the photo's again at night and this I'm really not happy with, if I have time in the morning before I leave I will retake them both.

The first one I made was a baby card which I thought I would enter over at  Totally Tilda as they have a Baby theme this week. I used Distress Crackle paint all around the edges of the card and the paper but you can't see it on this picture. I have been desperate to try the shabby chic look but never had any confidence to attack my work with a paintbrush before! I'm also going to enter this card at Magnolia Stamp Lovers and Wild Orchid Challenge as they both have similar challenges this week with a theme of 'SENTIMENTS'

Ingredients
Stamp, Swirl & Tag Die; - Magnolia
Flowers: Magnolia & Wild Orchid Crafts
Papers: Forever Friends Baby 6x6 Pad
Ribbon: The Ribbon Girl
Colouring; Copics


My second card was made for the 'MONOCHROME' challenge at  Cute Card Thursday This picture is not very good for the colours it does look better in real life I'm also entering this into the Sketch Saturday challenge and the Make It Colourful challenge.

Ingredients
Stamp & Swirl: Magnolia
Flowers: Magnolia & Wild Orchid
Colouring: Copics
I can't remember where I got this paper from, but if you could see how much paper I have you wouldn't blame me for forgetting!

7 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Two fab cards .. the baby is adorable - but my favourite is the black and white, monochrome always looks fbaulous
Lisa;)

Jilli said...

Wow ... the Sketch Saturday card is stunning! Well they both are, but i love the monochrome effect. Thanks for joining in the fun this week at Sketch Saturday ... Hugs Jillix

Vivi Casale said...

ohh that is a very sweet card!!
Thanks for joining us at MSL!
Vivi

Trisha said...

Love the multicolor gingham paper and all the details! beautiful! Thanks for playing at Totally Tilda! xox Trisha

Sue said...

Awww I love the sweet baby card! lovely pastels and gingham - perfect for baby. I like the way you've tinted the edges on the image mount, it gives it a 3 dimensional look, almost like a soft cloud!

I also love the monochrome card, Lovely image colouring and papers to match.

I like that your cards are all very different!
Hugs Sue xx

Leah the Orange said...

super cute Tilda cards here, Laurie! i love the way you've done the flower cluster embellies, and your colouring for the second one is just LOVELY - perfect for our monochromatic challenge at Make it Colourful this week! thanks for joining us! xo

Susie Sugar said...

Totally adorable both of them
Thanks for joining us at the Totally Tilda challenge this time
Please come back for some more fun Sunday
Hugs Susie & the TT DT xx