Followers

Monday, 28 February 2011

Lili's Wall-Flowers

Hello fellow bloggers and thank you for stopping my little corner of the craft world. Hopefully I will keep up better this week (I only just made some challenges by the skin of my teeth last week!)
Today I want to show you a card I have made following 'Christines Sketch' over at the Cute Card Thursday.

The charming little image is Lili Of The Valley and they are asking it see 'Circles' on our cards this week. I have coloured it with Copic Markers (finally I can see some improvement).
The sentiment is a rub on and as the theme is 'Friendship' this week at Crafty Catz this fits nicely in there.
The One Stop Craft Challenge have a theme of "Spring Flowers' and over at Stamptacular Sunday 'You've Been Framed' is the order of the day. Stamp Something are looking for 'Something with Flowers'. My flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, which is ideal as their challenge ths week is 'Anything Goes' and Bunny Zoe's are still looking for 'Spring Flowers too, the papers are from the Prima 6x6 Jack & Jill pad which the lovely lady at Cuddly Buddly sent me free of charge because they didn't have the one I wanted in stock, the satin ribbon is from Ribbon Girl the other is from my stash and I have used  Magnolia Doo Hickey Lace Boarder die and a Cuttlebug 'Arrows' die.

Thank you for looking
Love 'n' Hugs Laurie x

Almost forgot!! I was given this lovely award by Hazel last week,

I was given this award a couple of weeks ago by the lovely Lisa and please forgive for using the same info about me!

Step 1 - Make a post linking back to the person who gave you the award! 
Step 2 - Share 7 random things about yourself
Step 3 – Award 7 recently discovered bloggers with this award
Step 4 – Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won the award.

So 7 Random things about me.
  1. I was born and lived on a travelling fairground.
  2. My Great Grandfather was a Lion Tamer 'The Great Lorenzo' with Sedgewicks Menagerie (Picture posted below this time for Sue)
  3. My wedding was NOT like 'Big Fat Gypsy Weddings'
  4. I had twins when my eldest son was only 18 months old giving me 3 under 2 years old!
  5. I sell ice cream & fish & chips for a living and eat a lot of it (especially ice cream)
  6. My knees dislocate and I don't like it - it hurts
  7. I am desperate to visit Las Vegas - it's top of my bucket list
I am passing this on to the last 7 blogs I've been drawn to

  1. Patriziawithaz
  2. Mrs B
  3. Sarah
  4. Carolyn @ Kirei Na Kami
  5. Caroline
  6. Liza
  7. Tammy @ TLC
Thank you all for your inspiration

23 comments:

Pat said...

Wow beautiful card Laurie! Love it.
Hugs xx

Christine L said...

Your colouring is really good Laurie - gor-juss card...... don't ya just love LOTV images? lol!
Hugs
Christine x

patriziawithaz said...

Gorgeous card Laurie x and thank-you for the award xx

Cj said...

What a beautiful card, I love the colours you've used.xxx

Lisa Jane said...

OH now Laurie ... i am dissapointed..i can just imagine you in one of those fluffy wedding dresses!
Only joking,.. love your facts and well done on the award .
Your card is so pretty - and love those arrows what a great idea
Lisa ;)

Brenda Brown said...

Oh Laurie, this is soooo beautiful, that colour palette works so well and I love the whole layout and design.
Have a great week.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Mrs.B said...

Hi Laurie, Love the colours you have used on this card, love the 'arrows' great idea!
Thanks so much for the award.
Avril x

Sue said...

Hi Laurie,

Awww you put a photo up of Lorenzo!!!!! How fantastic! I love his jacket and all those medals. Thanks! I love to see old photos.

Gorgeous card! I love those colours! A great layout and the arrows look fab. May I ask, I keep seeing those little leaves on a lot of websites and I really like them, are they done with a punch? Would love to do some of those! You have coloured the image perfectly and I love that frame with the patterned paper on it - very clever and stunning!

Hugs Sue xx

Kim said...

Such a gorgeous card hun! I absolutely love your color combo and that image is colored so beautifully! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Pami said...

This is a gorgeous card Laurie, and thanks for sharing your facts, wow!! Pami x

Céline said...

fab card, love the sweet colors combo
thanks to playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline

Fleur said...

A stunning card, really pretty colours
Hugz Fleur xXx

Caroline Hallett said...

thank you so much for the award xxxx and lovely card x

Kirei na Kami said...

Your card is AMAZING!!! I love the soft yellow, your beautiful patterned papers, your brilliant use of the arrows (I never would have thought of that), all the lovely blossoms, and your image is not only adorable...but colored marvelously!!! You are such an inspiration to me!!!

Thank you so very much for thinking of me in regards to the award:) You sure know how to make a gal blush! I am sorry it has taken me so long to stop by, but my mother was admitted to the hospital Sunday, and I have been staying there with her. As soon as things get back to normal, I will post my 7 random facts. I think mine will sound extremely dull compared to your exciting life. Again, I thank YOU for thinking of me. You brought much needed smiles to my day!!!

Hugs!!!
Carolyn

Deb said...

beautiful card and I so enjoyed reading your random facts, very interesting! many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs debx

Gabbi said...

Hi Laurie thanks for the sweet comment. The paper I used is from making memories. It's called brun antique leopard. Love your blog

carol said...

oh WOW what a beautiful pretty card, i love your image and those flowers are gorgeous,thanks for playing along with Craftycatz, x carol

Mina said...

wow Laurie what a gorgeously pretty card, I love that bright ribbon and bow
Mina xxx

Aunty Sue said...

lovely card and thanks for joining CC this week

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

Congratulations on your win your card is gorgeous - great image and I love the colours you have used. Sarahx

Angie said...

What gorgeous colours on your card. I love the image and the arrows really work well.
Angie xx

Hand and Homemade's Blogspot said...

Wonderful Lili of the Valley Card Laurie. One of my fave styles! Very very pretty bow. Lisa xx

CraftyLoops said...

Such a beautiful card, another stunning wee image from LOTV. A gorgeous wee card. Lee xx