Followers

Friday, 18 February 2011

Pink Penny Black

Hello to you all and many many thanks to you for stopping by. Today I want to share with you my card for the Penny Black Challenge  'Pretty in Pink' I'm a bit behind this week and didn't think I was gonna make it in time!

I used Bev's sketch over at Wild Orchid Crafts  challenge this week. I love working from a sketch now and to think a month ago I'd never used one!
I have mixed up my papers, some are Magnolia, some are Provocraft that I have had for years (unused again) and the spotty one is recycled rags. The image is Penny Black, my flowers are a mix too, between Magnolia and of course Wild Orchid. I used a Martha Stewart border punch and frond punch and the ribbon is from my stash.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend, I have to work the next 10 days as it's half term but I still hope to get some card making in at night.
Thank you for looking

Love Laurie x

12 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Laurie!

Ooh this is beautiful! I love the image and the papers, and those flowers!!! I like the black border - it works really well! Gorgeous girlie card!

Hope you have a lovely weekend! and hope work isn't too bad over the next 10 days and you get a bit of time to do your wonderful creations!

Hugs Sue xxx

Pat said...

This is so gorgeous! Love all the pink and your flowers.
Have a nice week-end!
Hugs xx

jenny said...

Wonderful card! Love the papers...perfect for the fabulous image and all the flowers are stunning :)
Thanks for joining us at Penny Black Saturday x

Jenny x

Pami said...

Hi Laurie, this is gorgeous card! Love that image and love the DP. I bought the same punch myself recently! Hope you have a good weekend. Pami x

Lisa Jane said...

Hi Laurie ... now this is how i imagine you looekd last Saturday night lol.. love those papers and the black punched border.. really elegant
Lisa xx

Rebekah said...

Now this I just love Laurie! a brill colour combo and such fabulous flowers! yum hugs Rebekah xx

Christine L said...

Ooooh so GIRLIE! I love it....
And I have to own up - I've never used a sketch.... I think now, I should check them out...
Don't work too hard over the next few days....
Hugs
Christine x

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous Laurie, love the colours, papers and design of the card. It is stunning.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Mina said...

stunning card Laurie, I love the PB image and the papers are lush
Mina xxx

krista said...

Hi Laurie

Your cards are getting so good and it good that you are using up some of your leftover stuff.
I love the way you have arranged the flowers they are gorgeous.
Love
Krista x

HandmadebyTLC said...

Very cute page, I found u from one of the challenges, great card, I have little chance
:( Thanks for inspiring better work though :)
http://handmadebytlc.blogspot.com/2011/02/entered-into-challenges-by-wild-orchids.html

Kathy said...

Adorable card!! This is perfect for a teenager!! The colors are fabulous and go so nicely with this sassy image!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at WOC!
:)Kathy