Followers

Wednesday, 23 March 2011

Busy Bee Blue Tilda

Good morning bloggers I hope today finds you all well and full of the joys of spring!
I had the most stressful night when nothing I did would go right...guess you've all been there LOL but I stuck with it and eventually ended up with a card I do want to share with you
Fresh from my win at Ladybugs Crafts Ink yesterday I thought I was on a roll - but everything I touched rolled right off the table!
I painted my chipboard flowers blue but I didn't realise there were so many different blues, so after trying about 10 different ones I decided to paint over them (again) with white crackle paint, then they got stuck to the table with the paint!
Tilda was coloured with copics and that was another mistake cos I coloured her first then tried to match her up to papers. I thought I'd learnt that lesson a while ago - can't believe I made the same mistake twice!
Eventually I settled on Tim Holtz card - didn't think I'd ever cut into it!
The lush satin ribbon is from Ribbon Girl and I've nearly used it all and can't remember which it is,  and yes I have looked at them all! I found some Prima tinted flowers and added a pearl brad centre, punched out some vellum flowers and thats about it.

I am entering her into the following challenges
Ladybugs Craft Ink - Monochrome
Totally Tilda - Tilda With Chipboard
Just Magnolia - Favourite Colours
Cupcake Craft - Monochromatic
A Spoonfull Of Sugar - Ribbons, Pearls, Rhinestones & Flowers
Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Use Dies
Wild Orchid  -Dieing To Punch
Simply Create  - Monochromatic
The Shabby Tea Room  -Bingo Brads-Flowers-Ribbon
Stamping Scrapping Central - Pastels

Thank you for stopping by to have a look, and to to those that do, for your comments
Love 'n' Hugs Laurie x


26 comments:

jackid said...

Well you got there in the end a what a card you ended up with it's gorjuss the ribbon as you said is lush but so is everything about the card just remember to sort your papers out first now lol
have a great day
Jacki xx

Janie Printz said...

You sound like me when I make a card. I have more paper than my local scrapbook store but if I color an image 1st I can NEVER match it up ... You've certainly done a wonderful job on this little creation so all's well that ends well. LOVE the blues !!!
Hugs, Janie

Pami said...

Oh dear Laurie, that sounds like a lot of my crafting sessions!!! You manage to get a great card in the end though! The image is very sweet! Thanks for sharing with us at LCi again this week, good luck! Pami x

Pat said...

Well in the end your card is stunning! I like the way you made Tilda sit on the flower.
The colours are lovely.
Hugs xx

Delphine said...

Such a gorgeous card, Laurie! Adorable image and I totally love your flowers! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Lisa Jane said...

Hi Laurie... well i am glad you stuck with it as your card is beautiful. I love the crackle effect flowers .. i must try that technique .. but you can bet i will end up more crackled than the paint lol
Thanks or joining us at LCI again this week
Lisa x

Brenda Brown said...

So glad you persevered Laurie as this is soooo gorgeous. I love the way Tilda is sitting on the flower and the blue shades are fab.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Sue said...

Hi Laurie!

All's well that ends well - it looks perfect card now!!! I love the blue shade and Tilda is adorable - I love the glittery wings and the ribbon is gorgeous!. I make the same mistakes over too!! And I've been there with the glue sticking everything where it shouldn't LOL!!!

Love 'n' Hugs
Sue xx

pinky said...

I hate when things go like that laurie lol, but at least you stuck it to the end and now look at that gorgeous card!! Perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at LCI this week.
Pinky

Liz's creative corner said...

Well it was well worth persevering, it's gorgeous, love the chipboard flowers and your Tilda looks lovely, I think your colours go really well, thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda, hugs Liz and the TT DT xx

theCook said...

Great card! Doesn't look like you had so much trouble making it! Love the chipboard flowers... Thanks for entering our Ladybug Crafts Ink challenge again after your win!

Mrs.B said...

i Laurie, glad you didn't give up on the card - its gorgeous. Love the way Tilda is sitting on the flower, so cute.
Avril x

Rebekah said...

This is gorgeous Laurie! I have this stamp and still haven't coloured her can you believe it?! I know what you mean about Mr Ts paper too it took me a while to convince myself to use it! Love the sparkle too hugs Rebekah xx

Caroljenks said...

Laurie this is beautiful - and to think it almost didn't make it!

Thanks for visiting my blog :) I've been busy tonight and made a Wedding Card inspired by yours - I'd love you to pop over and see :)

Carol x

Kerry said...

I have days like that on a regular basis Laurie lol. You got there in the end because your card is gorgeous. Blue is such a hard colour to match (along with the rest!) but you've done a flabulous job. That ribbonn is scrumptious...no wonder you want more!! Thanks for joining in the fun at LCI this week. xx

Charlene said...

What a gorgeous card! I love how shes sitting on a snowflake! Thans so much for visitng us this week in The Shabby Tea Room :-)

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week with such a lovely card ! Love those flowers ! Good luck !

Christine L said...

Those flowers look absolutely fab! Must try that technique - I have some crackle paint... The card is fab and your colouring superb as always...
Hugs
Christine x

darling Ho said...

Wow!! Pretty!! I love all the flowers, they are absolutely beautiful!
Thanks for sharing it at SC, hope to see you soon.:) ~~hugs~darling Ho~~

Anita said...

Sounds like some of the days I have around here lol! Your card is beautiful. That's one of my favorite Tildas and I love the blues. Yes, very yummy ribbon, so I can see why you want more!

Kristin said...

Omygoodness is this card the sweetest thing ever! Love it!! Thanks for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room.

Hugs,
Kristin

Susie Sugar said...

Beautiful and so cute is Tilda in blue
Thanks for joining us for the Totally Tilda chipboard challenge
Hugs Susie & the TT DT XX

Poppit said...

Very sweet! I just love how she's sitting on the flower! Thanks for joining is for this week's Cupcake Challenge.

Scrapaddict said...

Soooooo pretty! Thanks for playing Simply Create this week!

kaz said...

Lovely Colours and a really Beautiful Card
Crafty Kaz.

Trish Hughes said...

thanks so much for playing along with SC!!!