Followers

Friday, 18 March 2011

Lili's White Wedding

Hello bloggers and happy weekend to you all, the sun is shining here I hope it is where you are too. To those of you that are off to Harrogate this weekend - I'm jealous - I have to work!

Today I want to share with you a card that I have made, inspired by the wedding invitations that I am making for my nephew.














I've used an adorable little stamp from LOTV and followed a sketch created by the great Bev Rochester for their challenge this week. I'm always happy with my cards after I've followed one of Bev's sketches, they kind of create themselves!
The sentiment is from LOTV too and I'm ashamed to say this is the first outing it has had. I have used a flower punch to make the little white flowers, a Magnolia swirl die and my round nesties to cut out the circles. The three textures were made using Cuttlebug embossing folders and apart from a few skicky pearls, scraps of ribbon and two sheets of white paper thats all this card consists of. Cheap!!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges
LOTV -  Bev's Sketch
Wild Orchid - Dieing To Punch It Out
Charisma Cardz  - To Die For
Ladybugs Crafts Ink - WOW
Paper Play  - Embossing
Bling It On  - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

Thank you for looking and to those that do for commenting.
Have a lovely weekend
Love 'n' Hugs Laurie

29 comments:

Christine L said...

Beautiful card Laurie....... all those textures make it very special. And we'll think of you tomorrow!!
Hugs
Christine x

Whimsey said...

Absolutely gorgeous Laurie! LOVE that image - LOVE IT!

Great use of the flowers, bowls, pearls, swirls and dry embossing. Magnificent!!

Thanks for joining us at LCI this week with your WOW card!

Hugs,
~Michele

theCook said...

WOW! That is such a beautiful card! I absolutely LOVE it! Thanks for playing with us at Ladybug Crafts Ink WOW challenge!

pinky said...

Laurie this is stunning, love all that embossed card and the gorgeous image. Thanks for playing along at LCI this week.
Pinky

Sue said...

Ooh Laurie, this is scrumptious! like icing on a cake! I love the different embossing but sticking with the white. Works so well Love the little flowers and you have coloured the image beautifully! I like the idea of the calendar sentiment too, You can put date on and it is nice memento of the day. Perfect!

Love 'n' Hugs
Sue xx

Lisa Jane said...

This is fabulous Laurie .. so pretty - i love the layers and the flourishes
Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
Lisa x

Mary J said...

Wow, wow, wow! Amazing card - so beautiful!

Thx for sharing with us at Ladybug Crafts Ink!

Mary J xxx

Pat said...

Wow so beautiful! Love your embossed cards and greeting.
Hugs xx

Iulia said...

Great card, Laurie! I was thinking for a long time about making a white wedding card just needed to see some gorgeous inspiration. Your card is amazing! Yes, embossing is a perfect idea and all these layers loo fantastic!
Thanks for sharing!
Hugs, Iulia

patriziawithaz said...

A Wow from me too Laurie - this is just gorgeous !!!

Marilyn said...

Absolutely beautiful Laurie, just gorgeous!

Pami said...

Gorgeous card Laurie! The layered embossing and the swirls, all looks so wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us at LCI this week. Good luck. Pami x

Jill said...

Beautiful card Laurie! You are sooo good :) Elegant in only white.
Have a good weekend at work :)
Hugs, Jill

Cor* said...

Laurie, this is GOR-JUSS!! Holy smokes! Perfectly white on white and embossed to perfection! LOVE THAT COUPLE! Wow, way to go with Bev's sketch too!

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

OOOH I LOVE THIS.
Sandra x (LOTV No. 58)

Mrs.B said...

Beautifuul card Laurie, I love all the white embossing, really gives this card the Wow factor!
Avril x

Julie said...

Oh my goodness,I don't remember how I found my way here but I'm so glad I did,your card is absolutely stunning.Have a good week,Julie.x

Mina said...

wow stunning Laurie, I love all white cards and this one is so beautiful and elegant
Mina xxx

kaz said...

A Really Beautiful card, love it, and I love your Wedding Invitations they are gorgeous
Kaz.

Angie said...

Stunning card, really beautiful and the Invitations are stunning. Angie xx

Shelby Goolsby said...

Such an elegant and beautiful card!! You layered the white beautifully!!

Nicole Mullen said...

Absolutely stunning card, love the elegant feel you have achieved with all the layering and flowers. Thanks for joining us at PaperPlay challenge!!

Deirdre said...

ADORE it.... just beautiful. Adore the white on white, the flourishes... just beautiful.

Thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week. ♥

Kim said...

Oh my goodness hun this is absolutely gorgeous! What stunning and amazing wedding invitations these make! STUNNING!!! Thanks so much for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Caroljenks said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS! LOVE IT!!!

Carol x

Ren-Yi said...

This is very sweet. Love the layerings of whites and the little personalization in the sentiment. Thanks for being part of PaperPlay challenges.

Ren-Yi said...

Congrats on your Top 3 PaperPlay win :) hope to see you around this week.

Sharon said...

This is superb! I think those flowers and swirls are a fab embellishment and the image is so cute.
Thanks for joining us at the Bling It On challenge.
Sharon xx

shell said...

Oh this is gorjuss, i love all white,thanks for joining us at Bling It On.
Shell xx