Followers

Thursday, 24 March 2011

Moving Along With Some Precious Metal

Good morning bloggers, its DT time again over at Moving Along With The Times , and this week my lovely teamie Brenda is hosting the challenge and she has chosen 'Precious Metals'
We are sponsored by
who have donated this fabulous prize to the winner
Be sure to head over to MAWTT to see what my exceptionally talented team mates Hazel, Brenda, Lisa, Shell and Pami have created for your inspiration.

It just happened to be Brenda's birthday at the same time as her challenge was set so I decided to combine the two events and made my card especially for her.
I have been dying to use my Tim Holtz caged bird die ever since I got it but the right time never came up until now. I tried to cut my cage out of shrink plastic but when I shrunk it down it looked as if a gorilla had escaped from it! It was funny the first two times - the next three I had a serious sense of humour failure! As you can see I settled on an unshrunk cage! You can't really see it in this picture but I have stuck my cage down so it is raised in the centre like a dome.
The fabulous papers are 7 gypsies which I have had for an age and I love them. The flowers are Prima. I can't remember where I got the metal letters from, they too have been around for ages unused.
This is the first really vintage card that I have made and I love it, I hope you do to!

I am entering this into the following challenges
Creative Card Crew - No Stamps
Wild Orchid Challenge - Dieing To Punch
Ooh-la-la-Creations  - Mothers Day or Special Friend
Simon Says stamp And Show - Word - BRENDA

Thanks for looking, see you all over at MAWTT
Love 'n' Hugs Laurie

21 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh lol.. i am just trying to imagine the gshrunk gorilla lol.
I love this card .. so different to your usual - but just as fab.
All the elements work so well together
Have a great day
Lisa x

Mary J said...

So elegant, I love it! The embellishing is perfect, Laurie!

Brenda Brown said...

It's fabbie as a photo Laurie but soooo magnificent in real life and still has pride of place with my other cards on the sideboard. I just don't want to take it down. I can see it going in an inspiration book for me to keep.
I love the papers and colours and the metal letters. It is just perfect for my precious metals challenge. Thanks so much.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Sue said...

Hi Laurie!

You made me laugh with the gorilla!! Glad it turned out just beautiful! I love the way you've made the cage 3d like a real one and with those metal studs it looks fab! That paper is really yummy!! and I love the way everything tones with it - gorgeous card!

I haven't ventured into shrink plastic yet :-)) Look forward to that then rofl !!!!

Love 'n' Hugs
Sue xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh this just gorgeous I love it hun! Love the cage & the letters look fab!
hugs shell xx

Mrs.B said...

This is stunning!Love the way you have curved the birdcage and then added the studs. Papers, embellies all perfect. Love it!
Avril x

Hazel (Didos) said...

LOL at the shrink plastic problems, been there done that burnt my fingers!!!
Love the finished card its stunning, Bet Brenda does too.
Love Hazelxoxo

Highland Monkey's said...

Love the bird cage its a lovely card

Christine L said...

Ooooh Laurie that's seriously different and SERIOUSLY good! I love it! Hope Brenda does too..
Hugs
Christine x

Pat said...

Wow it's fabulous! It reminds me of the cover for a mini. I just love it.
Hugs xx

Pami said...

Simple gorgeous Laurie, and how funny that you picked the same as Brenda! Love the paper too! And at least you gave the shrink plastic a good go!! Hope you have had a good day. Pami x

Rebekah said...

Love this card Laurie bet Brenda loved it! Fabulous prize too! Hugs Rebekah xx

Cj said...

Stunning card I love it.xxxx

ona_i_ja said...

Your card is adorable. I lovee these bird!
Thanks for joining us at CCC this week and good luck!
Hugs
Agnieszka

Anita said...

Wow, this is beautiful. I love that bird cage. It's so creative that you made the bird out of music paper! A gorgeous card.

Kim said...

OOO this is fabulous! What a beautiful card hun...love it! Thanks so much for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Wendi said...

Wow what a stunning card and so creative
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Angie said...

Fab card Laurie. So inspirational. Angie xx

Candy C said...

Your card is darling! I love the bird and cage diecut as well! I made a note to myself...never try to shrink the cage! haha Love the colors, patterns and the elements you also used on this card. Very nicely done! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is so wonderful - the colors and paper are just lovely and what a wonderful b'day card you have made. Love the cage just as it is. Great job on the word challenge! So happy you could join in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

Sammibug said...

Gorgeous. Love the bird cage and the bird out of newsprint DP. Thanks for playing along with us in our Mother's Day/Special Friend challenge at Ooh La La.