Followers

Saturday, 5 March 2011

Sophie's 21st

Hello bloggers and a very happy weekend to you all, I hope the sun is shining where you are and spring has started to sprung!
Today I want to share with you a card I have made for my friends daughter Sophie, for her 21st birthday. I rushed to get it made because I wanted to enter it into the  colour challenge at Ribbon Girl their colours are 'Pink, Brown & Cream' and those of you that know me will know I cannot miss an opportunity to use my all time favourite Making Memories papers.


Crafty Catz challenge this week is 'Special Birthdays' and they don't come more special than your 21st. Papertake weekly have 'Anything Goes' Totally Stampalicious have a 'Recipe Challenge' of '1 Ribbon, 2 Patterned Papers & 3 Embellishments (I've used flowers, chipboard and gems). Cupcake Craft Challenge want to see 'Anything but Squares' on our cards - I hope my circles count even though they are on a square card!  ABC challenge are on 'P' which is for Pink this week. The stamp is a Bike-a-Bella and the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts whose challenge is 'Anything Goes'. I have used my Magnolia Doo Hickey Lace Border Die, Nesties, a Martha Stewart leaf punch, ribbon, chipboard numbers and rub on sentiment are from my stash.

Thank you for looking and many many thanks to my lovely followers, I promise I will get round to visiting you all soon
Love 'n' Hugs Laurie x

18 comments:

sari said...

Such a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge this week!

carol said...

oh i do like your card, love the papers, thanks for playing along with craftycatz, x carol

Lisa Jane said...

This is fab Laurie .. i love the image and the papers .I love how you spelt her name .. a perfect card for a 21st.She will love it
Hope you are having a great day
Lisa ;)

Delphine said...

Your card is gorgeous, Laurie, even if we would have liked the base of your card not to be square:-(... Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and hope to see you next week! Delphine xx

Brenda Brown said...

Stunning Laurie, those colours are gorgeous and the image and papers all make it a wonderful card that I am sure Sophie will love. Happy birthday Sophie.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Jacque said...

Laurie, what a cute cute card...you have done wonders with those colors!!! That is such a darling image and you have showcased her to perfection!! All of the details you have added are wonderful!!! Hugs..Jacque

Pat said...

Wow gorgeous card!
The image is very cute and the details are great.
Hugs xx

Sue said...

Hi Laurie,

Ooh gorgeous card! I love those colours and the papers and flowers are scrumptious! The image is perfect for 21st and you have coloured it beautifully.

Yes the sun is shining here in Manchester (sometimes it doesn't rain!) and it does seem like Spring is getting through!

Have a great weekend!
Love n Hugs
Sue xxx

Katina said...

What a fabulous girly card Laurie! I adore the image and your colour scheme is one of my favourites. Thanks for joning us at Papertake Weekly this week. :)

Aunty Sue said...

What a fab girlie card and thanks for sharing this week with Crafty Catz

Jill said...

Ohh, Laurie!
This is really a beautiful card. Nice colors and put together in a perfect way :)
I really enjoy to see all the beautiful cards you make. Have a nice day!
Hugs, Jill

Christine L said...

Beautiful card Laurie... love Sophie's name done on the image..... they were chipboard?
Hugs
Christine x

Pami said...

Gorgeous card Laurie and perfect for a 21st card! And that's another stamp I am just going to have to buy!! Pami x

Angie said...

Super card and what gorgeous colours. Perfect 21st card. Angie xx

Kim Dellow said...

So beautiful! Just love everything about it, the colour, the image, the flowers - lovely. Kim

Lynn's scraps or Heather and Mikeee's wedding said...

sorry i know i am putting this in the wrong place but here is the link to make the tri fold card hope this is ok http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su-3T3sd4r0&feature=related

Suzie said...

A fabulous card and image, so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week. Hugs Suzie x

debby4000 said...

Oh what a fabulous card.
luv
debby