Followers

Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Red & White with Ribbon @ Oldie But A Goodie

Good Morning everyone I'm still tucked up in bed (hopefully) My Husband is away on a boys skiing holiday so no one should wake me up! I'm really disappointed to have lost another follower, I find it so hard to believe that people stop following you! People really do follow just for candy, I'm so shocked by that!
It's time for a new challenge over at
and this week the very very lovely Claire has chosen
RED & WHITE WITH RIBBON

Now I had to make a Ruby Wedding card for my cousin a week or so ago (it's posted below) and that inspired me to make this one for my lovely Teammie Lisa's daughter on her recent 18th.
I don't normally post 2 cards at a time - lol - I struggle to post 1 when its due! And I also haven't made a card without a stamped image for soooooooo long but now things have changed here I thought I could get away with it! Though I have had that red & white stripe card for approx 5 years!
and inside...
on hindsight I should have painted the chipboard letters inside like I did with the numbers on the front, but then we all know hindsight is a wonderful thing don't we! I've used my beautiful rolled roses....again! The gingham ribbon is one of many colours all of which are my absolute favourite!

The Ruby Anniversary card I made first
with a computer generated sentiment inside.....
In real life the red glitter heart is much brighter than it looks in this photograph.
I really love this red & white theme, it produces really fresh vibrant results! I hope you all get a chance to join in this time. Head over to the main OBAG challenge blog for all the details of the challenge and some great inspiration from my lovely team mates.

We are sponsored this week by

http://digidoodleshop.com/store/

Thanks for dropping by today
Love 'n' Hugs Laurie

I would like to enter the 1st card into the following challenges
Totally Papercrafts - Ribbons & Bows
Die-ing For A Challenge - Anything With a Die Cut
Wild Orchid Crafts - White Plus 1

******************************************************************
I would like to enter the 2nd card into the following challenges
Scrappy Frogs - Die Cuts
Charisma Cardz - Anniversary
C.R.A.F.T. - No DP
One Stop Craft - Create Your Own Background
Allsorts - Free and Easy
       Lollipop Crafts  - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - Favourite Things (rolled roses)
                                                        

27 comments:

Christine L said...

Both fabulous cards hon... I agree, the red and white theme is lovely and bright! And your rolled roses are gorgeous - as of course, are your mini cards!

I agree it's so sad when someone stops following you, not nice at all to think people can just be around for candy. But it happens unfortunately.

Now btw, could you roll over please? I can hear the zzz zzz zzz from here!!

Hugs
Christine x

Fluffles said...

Great cards Laurie, love your original designs & the fact you've made a card without a stamped image - hmm, have I ever done that? As for my niece, name, its pronounced 'A' as in the capital and 'lay', that's A-Lay from, Eilidh - aren't Scottish names the best!

Lisa Jane said...

oh these are both fabulous .. red and white is always so striking ..
Beth loved hers
Have a lovely day
Lisa x

Pami said...

Gorgeous cards Laurie, you are right the red and white are really striking! I also really love the white flowers and swirl, never tried these in white but they look really good. Enjoy your sleep, not jealous at all....!! Pami x

Rebekah said...

Wow Laurie both of these are so striking and bold love them! Great work sweetie hugs rebekah xx

Debs said...

Hi Laurie
I'll just whisper in case you are still sleeping :o)
Love both your cards - this colour combo is so striking and your designs are stunning.
Everything in perfect proportion as always and so professional looking.
Enjoy the rest of the day.
Debs xx

Mrs.B said...

Two great cards Laurie, love red and white, so striking.
It is sad when people stop following, but think about it.... they are the ones missing out~!
Love Avril xx

CraftyLoops said...

These are gorgeous cards Laurie. Lee x

Pat said...

Wow both cards are fabulous Laurie! Love your roses too. You've been working hard!
Have a great evening.
Hugs xx

Wendy said...

Fabulous cards Laurie, the red & white is so striking and those flowers are gorgeous.
Wendy xx

Claire said...

WOW Laurie, I love both of these cards, gorgeous elements on both and a fab shape too. A great take on my challenge. Hugs, Claire x

Jo Davies said...

Beautiful cards, Laurie I love them both....sending big hugs Jo xxx

Mary J said...

WOW!! They are both brilliant Laurie!

I wouldn't take it to heart when people stop following - it might simply be that they closed their blog down. but hey, I stalk you all the time so it's not like you're lonely without them! ;)

mags said...

Gorgeous cards. Love the design of these and the striking combination of the red and white. Lovely rolled flowers too.
Mags
x

Sue said...

Wow! this is stunning Laurie!! I love the red & white theme and the embellies are all perfect! The rolled roses are delish and I love the texture on the 18!
and love your Ruby Anniversary card also - they are both really fab designs!
Ah I know what you mean about Followers - I have just lost 2 since last candy! :-(
And some new followers there is just no link to go and visit them which is very frustrating!
Hope you are well and having a good week!
Love n Hugs!
Sue xx

Cat's sCrap said...

Simple and clean card as I like. Sensible choice of colors and magnificent realization. The inside is also fabulous as the outside. Fine and delicat work. Continue like that, I like your design ! Bravo !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Vicky said...

Just so beautiful Laurie...love the card shape and the gorgeous flowers too hun :o)

Thanks also for your lovely comments on my blog tonight too..

big hugs Vicky xx

FrancineB said...

These are gorgeous cards! You know, the first card would be pretty as a wall hanger, too. Make it a full scalloped circle with her name, mat it with red, and frame it in a pretty white frame. Just a thought.

Anyway, fabulous cards.

Hazel said...

Both beautiful cards, lovely and bright and cheery. Hazel x

Dora said...

Wow THESE are awesome, I am so happy I stopped by, .. love the style, flowers, colours, swirls, everything about your card is wonderful xxx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Wow! These are fabulous! That red and white is so striking and your blooms look fantastic.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Caroline xxx

pinky said...

Wow they are both so gorgeous Laurie, there is nothing to beat red and white. Lost a follower over here too lol, but sometimes its just blogger farting about and they come back again;0

Tracy said...

Superb creations Laurie, I love your designs, they are beautful and so effective too.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Kathleen said...

Two wonderful cards, love the red and white and you do the mini cards so extreemly well. Brilliant.

Kath x

Curlybear said...

Oh my word,this is such and adorable creation , lovely image and beautiful design Its just perfect for our Favourite Things challenge

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge I hope you can join us again next week

Have a lovely day,
Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :0) x

Jen said...

just gorgeous laurie... love the both!!
thanks for joining us at one stop crafts this week

jen xx

Violets Corner said...

Fabulous card Laurie, brilliant design and fabulous detail, I like them a lot!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Love
Maarit