Followers

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Butterflies @ Diva's

Good Morning just a quickie from me today as I'm away in the sunshine and it's time for a new challenge at

DIVA'S BY DESIGN

and this week Team A have the theme of

Butterflies or Birds

Not my favourite thing but I have a stash of them lol.
You think they are all pretty and cute but when you look close - they freak me out!

I did have this really in-your-face black feather butterfly to put on this card but it really gave me the creeps! lol you should have seen me trying to add it - I added it to the bin in the end! I went with a nice and not natural looking nylon variety!!
The papers are Prima Firefly and really vibrant, also you can't see my black pom pom edging but its really cute!

The image was kindly given to me by this weeks sponsor

These are such fun little images and colour up really lovely.
Head over to the main challenge blog for all the details of the challenge, the prize and some beautiful inspiration from the Diva's.

That's it from me
Hopefully I'm laying in the sun somewhere hot,
I was a wee bit stressed and ran away from home for a week!!
Love 'n' Hugs Laurie xx

If I have wiFi I'd like to enter this into the following challenge

19 comments:

Janice said...

Brilliant colours and a fantastic card. Love this one. Hope you are now suitably chilled as it is mid week on your holly-bag! Chat soon, Jx

Sharon said...

This is a wonderful card. Such a gorgeous image and love the colour scheme and embellishments.
You would be not good in my craft room - I love butterflies.
Hugs Sharon. x

Wendy said...

WOW! Stunning Laurie,fabulous image, LOVE the colours.
Hope you are enjoying your time in the sun
Hugs Wendy xx

brenda said...

Stunning Laurie and such striking colours.

Apols for he lack of visits lately, hopefully getting back into things again now the worry is over.

B x

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow, this is just so beautiful and I love the purple colouring.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Claire said...

Love this Laurie - gorgeous colours and image. Hope you are enjoying the canaries! Hugs, Claire x

Sue B said...

Wow! what a striking and beautiful colour combo Laurie… this is awesome!! I love the image and the embellishments are SO gorgeous… I love those flowers and butterflies… and the doily heart… it's a corker of a card!!
I hope you are doing ok hun!!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Debs said...

Stunning card Laurie - amazing colours and the embellies are beautiful.
Hope you are having a lovely stress free break :o)
Debs xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Laurie, I like the image the fab colours and the flowers.
Kevin xx

Lisa said...

Hi Laurie, Fabulous card as always! Hope you are having a lovely holiday.

Lisa x

Berry said...

I'm not jealous of you being in the sun MUCH! It's blowing a hooley here tonight, don't know if all the fences will be standing in the morning!
Your card is stunning of course such a pretty colour combo and lol at the butterfly! Hugs Rebekah xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous and fabulous image.
luv
Debby

Mary J said...

I just love this Laurie! So pretty and I love Dilly Beans!!

Christine L said...

Hi Laurie-lying-in-the-sun...

Ooooh I love this fabulous image and may have to pop over to this site... and you've made a stunning job of her... LOVE the colour choice and the perfectly matching DP.

I have a butterfly phobia IRL... and they always make a beeline for me... hate moths too.. so I'd have been the same about your feathery one!

Big hugs... now go order another cocktail..

Christine x

Sonia said...

Just gorgeous creation my dear^_^
Beautiful colors and details^_^ Lovely image^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Lisa Minckler said...

LOL..you crack me up! My best friend feels the exact same way and moths just about send her over the edge! Hahaha...Which is why sitting outside on a wonderful Summer evening rarely ever happens as they flock to the light. ;)
Your card however is GORGEOUS and doesn't send off any 'willies' at all. Beautiful coloring, layout and embellishments and I love that big eye!!
hugs,
Lisa x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

This is so stunning hun, I absolutely love the colours and the layout and the flowers look gorgeous, love this image too, just so beautiful
Lindsay xx

Kelly said...

Beautiful card, I love the purples and blues together. I love how the black just sets it all off.
Hugs Kelly

Unknown said...

Ooooh Laurie - this is stunning! Amazing colour choices and I, for one, love the butterflies! They don't freak me at all - snakes now, that's a different matter (oh and mice, rats, bees, wasps, flies, hmmmm I think that's about all - oh wait no put slugs in there as well).

Hope you are completely de-stressed.

Sarah