Followers

Saturday 29 January 2011

A Challenge For Myself

Hello again, welcome and thank you for visiting. I'm getting the hang of this blogging malarkey now and I'm absolutely loving it! Even if nobody reads my drivel I'm happy posting it!
I decided that I needed to challenge myself and the hardest thing for me is making male cards (OK I made it easier by making a mini man card, but technically boys will be men eventually!) It's really hard to get texture on a card for a man, ribbons, bows, gems and flowers just don't cut it, buttons is our only saving grace. These stars were from an old Christmas garland that was gonna get thrown out, but me being a hoarder, 'nothing ' actually gets thrown out!
 I'm really pleased with how this has turned out, the stars, buttons & pop up aliens I stamped and cut out have given it what I think is usually missing from my cards for men or boys.
Originally I didn't create this card for any challenges, just me, but I came across Anyone For Anya after I'd made it. I'm not sure if it fits their criteria of '2 Images' but I have nothing to lose by trying. I love the Anya images and enjoyed making it. This was the first time I have used this stamp ( Oldie But A Goodie have got me in the habit of dusting off all my great but tucked away stamps)
I was also pointed in the direction of the Allsorts Challenge by my buddy Lisa who have a theme of 'Saving Nature' this week and my stars qualify for that.
The paper for this card is from Prima's 'Spaceboy' 6 x 6 pad and I love it, the stamp as I said is an Anya from The Greetings Farm everything else is from my stash.
Thanks for stopping by x

10 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

what do you mean - nobody reads it ... lol.. i love reading it and seeing your creations
Love the bright fun colours in this card - and as you have recycled the stars you could enter the Allsorts challenge this week
Go for it Girl
Lisa ;)

Sue B said...

Hi Laurie,

I love this card! It's brilliant for a boy. Perfect colours and I love that rocket! The way you've coloured the fire on it is really good - gives a great effect. The spaceman is great for a boy too!

I know what you mean about cards for men! It is very difficult. You are limited with colours and embellishments. It's a good idea to use stars and buttons!

I just tried to make a Valentines Card that a man would like and it's way too girly! pink, hearts and ribbons! - I will have to try again!

Hugs
Sue xxx

Lisa Jane said...

My pleasure Laurie - you aren;t a stalker - we are new friends now lol.. and i would love to meet up one day... you aren't coming to the Harrogate fair in March by any chance - email me lol
Lisa

Tara Godfrey said...

I'm reading it too,lol! Love your card! You made a perfect "boy" card! I know what you mean though it is hard to get the texture with no ribbon...you did a fab job and I love the foiled stars!
Hugs,t

Anonymous said...

Well i'll be reading your blog regularly now as i am following and i like what i see :)
Your card is gorgeous and i am the same about men's cards, i find it very hard to create for them. I recently made one for my son and it took me a long time to make it!
Have a great week-end!
Hugs xx
Pat

Doodlecraft said...

Love those stars! Great job! Awesome coloring, and love those little aliens! Thanks for playing with us at Anyone for Anya this week! :)

Susan said...

Love the colours. A great card for a boy! Thanks for joining in the challenge at Anyone For Anya this week.
Susan xxox

Janie Printz said...

Love this bright fun card for a boy ... Great colors & wonderful embellies. I get a lot of enjoyment out of reading people's "drivel's". I get a little carried away with my posting sometimes but it's like talking, sometimes words just come out & I can't stop them...
Hugs, Janie

Mummylade said...

splendid way of reusing the stars! Thank you so much for entering my recycling challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!

Debs said...

Fabulous card - love the bright zingy olours and great recycling of the stars.
Thanks for playing along at Allsorts this week & good luck.
Debs xx